We all know watching the Oscars is America's favorite pastime, but it was surprisingly eclipsed by several other shows this year! Here's a list of programs that outperformed the Oscars' ratings in 2021.
1. Wilford Brimley's diabetes commercial: To be fair, it's tough to compete with Brimley's authoritative voice and majestic walrus mustache. Diabeetus.
2. Arlo Huckleberry's infrared trail camera in Arkansas: This riveting viewing of various forest critters prowling around the hills at night averages 12 million views per day.
3. YouTube livestream of paint drying: Most audiences prefer this to lectures from millionaire celebrities.
4. TikTok reaction video to YouTube livestream of paint drying: Even more popular, because who doesn't like zany reactions?
5. Video of someone unboxing the camera that was used to film the TikTok reaction to the YouTube livestream of paint drying: It's a reeeaaally nice camera though.
6. A rerun of Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 where every other word is replaced with a clip of Owen Wilson saying "wow!": Admit it, you're looking this up already. We give it 5 out of 5 stars.
7. A very informative tutorial video showing you how to repair a Kenmore Series 8 washing machine that's not spinning: Those of us who aren't millionaire celebrities have to make these sorts of repairs ourselves. Plus, the Kenmore rep in the video was played by Wilford Brimley.
Once you've checked out all 7 of these phenomenal pieces of entertainment, give the Oscars a watch as well and learn from celebrities about how you can "be better". We'll see you here next year!