Martin Luther nailed his famous "Disputation on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences" or "Ninety-Five Theses" to the door of Wittenberg Castle church in 1517, forcing the Catholic Church to disband forever. But did you know he nailed some other things to the door aside from the thesis?
Here are ten (heretical?) items he nailed to the church doors:
- A poster reading MAKE CHRISTIANITY GREAT AGAIN: Problematic!
- A poster for tonight's gig for his band Marty Mart and the Indulgences: Live in Wittenberg! One night only!
- Gospel tract disguised as a folded $20: Unfortunately, it was later pulled off the door and traded for an indulgence to Johann Tetzel, who later became a born-again believer as a result.
- Dating profile that says he's looking for an attractive nun looking to leave the convent: Katharina von Bora answered the ad, intrigued by Luther's claim that he was "swole."
- Flyer with tear-off phone numbers for his mule-washing business: He was very worried about lost income ahead of his inevitable ex-communication.
- A "Don't Tread On My Solas" flag: Archeologists believe the original design has been lost to the ages.
- A promo poster for his new Daily Wire show: Hammer Time with Martin Luther and Ben Shapiro.
- A St. Pauli Girl neon beer sign: Classy!
- His lesser-known thesis condemning female pastors: Some have speculated it was later discovered but then secretly destroyed by the ELCA.
- His thumb: Ouch! If only his father taught him to use a hammer.
NOT SATIRE: Martin Luther was one of the most influential — and controversial — figures in the history of Christianity. At a time when church leaders were selling documents that released people from punishment for sin, and keeping access to the Scriptures away from the people, one man raised his voice with a desire to bring people closer to God. Gather your family, friends, and even your entire church and watch Luther, the 2003 historical drama, now available in RevelationMedia's exclusive online event. You don't want to miss this powerful movie. Click and watch for FREE today.
Sick of the woke Oscars? Why not watch the first annual Babylon Bee Awards Show: