NEW BEDFORD, MA—According to reports from St. Luke’s Regional Hospital, local woman Ashley Gibson was hospitalized Tuesday when doctors determined she had overdosed on multiple items containing toxic levels of pumpkin spice flavors and aromas.
Gibson, 34, was rushed to the emergency room when passersby discovered her slumped over the wheel of her minivan in a Starbucks parking lot. Witnesses say the mother of three was clutching a venti-sized pumpkin spice latte in one hand and a container of pumpkin spice creamer in the other, and there was evidence of multiple recently consumed pumpkin spice baked goods on the passenger seat and the floor. According to sources, three others who assisted Gibson were also treated for secondhand exposure to the van’s potent pumpkin spice air freshener and the box of pumpkin spice potpourri candles discovered in the back seat.
“At this time of year, the public needs to be aware of the dangers,” a hospital spokesperson told reporters. “Cases of pumpkin spice overdose have nearly tripled since 2012.” According to doctors, people at risk will exhibit the following behaviors: persistent overspending on pumpkin spice infused items, seeking out increasingly intense pumpkin spice encounters, and excessively posting on social media about their latest pumpkin spice experience.
The FDA plans to issue a public warning about the dangers of pumpkin spice addiction, sources confirm.
Breaking: PayPal Now Available
Many of you told us you wouldn't subscribe until we offered PayPal as a payment option. You apparently weren't bluffing, so we finally caved and added PayPal. Now — like the unbeliever faced with God's invisible qualities displayed in nature — you are without excuse.