Home > Family > Report: 95% Of Christians Agree The Other 5% Should Keep Adopting
Family Study
Report: 95% Of Christians Agree The Other 5% Should Keep Adopting

NASHVILLE, TN—LifeWay Research released the results of an extensive survey about adoption Monday which reveal that a whopping 95% of Christians are strongly in favor of the other 5% continuing to adopt children.

“Adoption is obviously an important issue for Christians, which is why I believe so strongly that the 5% of Christians who adopt children should continue to do so,” noted Gloria Beatty, one of the Christians surveyed by LifeWay. “If it weren’t for them, a lot fewer children would be adopted into loving families. Not only that—we also wouldn’t have those incredibly touching videos to share on social media.”

“Let’s face it, those videos make the rest of us Christians look great, in a world that’s increasingly hostile to our message. Please, 5%, do not stop adopting.”

“I think adoption is very important,” echoed Frank Perkins, another survey participant. “I’ve been seriously considering adoption since about 1997. Remaining open to adoption is an important part of my faith. We can’t all be heroes, but I’m so thankful for the 5% for whom, by God’s grace, everything just lined up perfectly in their lives to seamlessly bring another child into their family, and they didn’t have any doubts or setbacks or anything.”

“I’ll continue to remain open to adoption while I await those flawless, absolutely ideal circumstances,” he added.

As a followup to this study, LifeWay announced its plans to survey some of the more than 150 million orphans in the world to see how they have benefited from 95% of Christians having such a favorable opinion of the 5% who adopt.

Breaking: Paypal Now Available

Many of you told us you wouldn't subscribe until we offered Paypal as a payment option. You apparently weren't bluffing, so we finally caved and added Paypal. Now — like the unbeliever faced with God's invisible qualities displayed in nature — you are without excuse.

There is 1 comment on this article.

You must become a premium subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.