Wait a minute, is that young couple looking for a home in your neighborhood from California? You better get them out of here pronto before they turn your beautiful state into a socialist cesspool! If you don't, you'll both have to look for a new state to move to in about ten years after they bring their California politics with them.
These are the absolute best ways to scare off a Californian:
- Smile and wave at them: Californians hate this! They might even be killed in the process.
- Offer them sweet tea: They will instantly become diabetic just by looking at a full pitcher of Southern-style Sweet Tea. As an added bonus, the polite gesture will also scare them (see above).
- Show off a cool gun you're packing: They will freak out even though this is only one of the guns you are packing. The others aren't as cool, sadly.
- Ask them where they are going to church immediately after meeting them for the first time: It's normal to do that where you're from, but this question is basically kryptonite to a Californian.
- Invite them to your church this Sunday: (Same as above)
- Show them your house and the several acres you live on: Their brains literally can not comprehend the idea that a family of four isn't crammed into a tiny studio apartment. It will seem icky and wrong to them for it to be any other way.
- Point out how many houses in town have American flags: Once they notice this little detail, they will react like vampires to the sun coming up at dawn.
- Start talking about what they can expect when winter rolls around: They are only used to one season that lasts all year round and you may need to explain the concept of winter several times before the horror for them really sets in.
- Show off your Trump 2020 and 2024 bumper stickers: This is sure to send them back to California in absolute terror.
It's a serious medical emergency: you're minding your own business when you hear an opinion you slightly disagree with.