It's hard to find a good movie these days, but even harder to find one that didn't plagiarize Scripture! Don't believe us? Here are eight famous films that you never knew ripped their entire plot straight from the Bible:
- John Wick: A flagrant copy of Samson's revenge tour with the donkey jawbone, only with the violence toned WAY down.
- Titanic: An overt rehashing of Paul's shipwreck on Malta. The love story isn't fooling anyone.
- Passion of the Christ: So obvious! It's like Mel Gibson didn't even try to hide it.
- Avengers: Infinity War: Nothing to see here, just Marvel blatantly ripping off the tale of David collecting small, smooth stones to attain power.
- Noah, starring Russell Crowe: Actually, never mind on this. This bears no resemblance to the Bible.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: Are we supposed to ignore the fact that the Bible ALSO features a golden box called the "Ark of the Covenant" that kills people who mess with it? Have some creativity.
- Jaws: Oh, a big sea monster that eats people. How original! Cough--Jonah--cough-cough.
- The Sandlot: Tell us where you've heard this before: Smalls leaves the 9 baseball players to save the one lost Babe Ruth ball, fending off the Beast in the process. Could it be more clear?
Who would've thought so many well-known movies outright stole from the Bible? Some even say The Chosen also borrows heavily from parts of Scripture, but the jury is still out. Let us know any movies we missed!
NOT SATIRE: Families, enjoy a night at the movies, again!
Inspired by actual events, the family-friendly Miracle in East Texas is an incredible and hilarious tale of hope, friendship, and the enduring power of dreams!
Their culture is not your costume. DO NOT appropriate ghost, zombie, or vampire culture this Halloween.