While many believe essential oils to be a modern Christian phenomenon, these potent extracts actually played a role in some of Scripture's most familiar narratives! Here are the nine remarkable Bible stories that feature high-quality products from doTerra and Young Living:
- After being thrown out of paradise, Eve used jasmine oil to calm down: Scholars confirm Adam wisely refrained from asking if she bought it from "Edens Garden".
- Jacob prepared to wrestle the angel with a nice dose of amyris: Nothing better for preparing to duel a celestial being!
- Job endured the immense suffering of spraying oregano oil in his eye: The poor guy could never catch a break.
- The prophets of Baal oiled their altar with eucalyptus blend: Too bad Baal couldn't smell it from his position on the, um, throne.
- Absalom used cedarwood oil to keep his hair healthy while campaigning to de-throne King David: Scholars say Gavin Newsom uses the exact same blend!
- King Eglon used grapefruit essential oil to help with weight loss: The sword still getting stuck in his belly fat indicates this may not have worked super well.
- The Pharisees became outraged when they realized the woman anointing Jesus' feet had used the last of the peppermint oil: What a waste, this could have been put into a diffuser and sprayed onto the poor!
- John beat Peter in a race right after rubbing lemon and citrus on his feet: Scholars say Peter then grumbled that John should apply some Humility™ blend on his wrists.
- Solomon used a blend of patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver while writing Song of Songs: For research purposes.
As you can see, Scripture is replete with stories of these wonder-workers! If you can think of any other hidden uses of essential oils in the Bible, let us know in the comments!
Here is a comprehensive list of the only instances it is acceptable for men to shed a tear.