Effective Date: March 27, 2020
- Contact Information
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Preference Management
- Your Legal Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information Security
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Materials
The Babylon Bee
ATTN: Customer Service
PO Box 546
Jupiter, FL 33458
OR via our online form
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website (babylonbee.com) and mobile applications.
- Via email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personal Information Provided by You
We collect information that you choose to provide us or that you choose to include in your profile or account, and that personally identifies you such as your name, address, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you register with the Website or apps, subscribe to Services, purchase a product through our online store, send us an email, and at other times to enable us to provide the Website and Services to you and to manage our relationship with you including payment processing, troubleshooting and maintenance. The decision to provide your Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Website or Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on subscriber-access areas of the Website, or transmitted to other uses of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages to Babylon Bee accountholders only, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect and analyze information in connection with the actions you take on the Website and in connection with using the Services (“Usage Data”) to improve the Website, Services and user experience. This data may include, but is not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Website, and aggregate data about the pages visited. This anonymous usage information may be associated with your username and profile, but we do not sell this information to third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
Sharing Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of Babylon Bee assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Babylon Bee about the Website users is among the assets affected.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Babylon Bee, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Website users without restriction.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligations.
Babylon Bee email subscribers and subscribers of paid content may access and correct their contact information on file by accessing their account online and visiting the manage subscription page. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Babylon Bee does not store your credit card information when you subscribe to our services. Babylon Bee partners with third party providers to process credit card transactions. Babylon Bee uses Stripe and Braintree to process credit card transactions. Information about Stripe’s data security practices can be found at https://stripe.com/privacy-center/legal. Information about Braintree's data security practices can be found at https://www.braintreepayments.com/legal/braintree-privacy-policy
If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out at any time. To opt-out of our email list, send a request to [email protected] and ask to be removed, or simply click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of one of our emails.
Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of certain transactional email communications, such as emails regarding account notifications, customer service questions or product purchases, and/or other information related to your account or your use of the Website and Services.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on its website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected] or via our contact form. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. Please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents to learn more about your California privacy rights.
Babylon Bee has implemented certain procedural, technical and physical security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information that you provide on the Website. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Website, and Babylon Bee is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Website, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transfer of Information to the United States
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If you are under age 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases on the Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided Personal Information to us, we will cancel the corresponding registration and delete such information from our records.
Links to Other Materials